Friday 17 June 2011


Rotterdam (the world died yesterday)

--

"So. How do we do it? How do we change the world?" Daniel asked, finishing off his glass of wine. He might not know all the answers, but he always asks the important questions.

I had met up with Daniel in old apocalyptic Rotterdam's train station. It was raining heavily that day. We walked by the riverfront before we settled in a pub, to dry out.
It's hard to explain, and I don't mean to try too hard anyway, but when Brother Daniel talks of salvation he reminds you that you believe in it too. His heart has no bars: he is like a second Jesus - sans fanatic followers, except maybe me.

Every year I take a shot of Daniel. If it doesn't keep me alive, at least it keeps me humane, a little bit closer to sane, and always leaves me thinking.

--

Ongebroken Verzet (Unbroken Resistance)

No comments:

Post a Comment