Monday 9 April 2012


- Eric Drooker

"You're not going anywhere," Mom said yesterday over dinner. "You need to start thinking about something that makes sense."

I know a lot of people who have expected me to change: the friends who never gave up hoping, all my ex-girlfriends, both parents, some relatives, a few of the dogs. I've been told to grow out of it, that it was just a phase or drop the part that I was only acting. I've heard a thousand preacher's speeches. They pushed a dozen different cures.

Travelling isn't something I have to do to get out my system. This restlessness is my system. It is no more a disease than the beating of my heart. What's more, I'm afraid the latter is much easier to cure.

So, go on:

Guess where I'm going next.

-James R. Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment